Because your privacy matters
We may update the Privacy Notice due to changes in our data processing activities or applicable legislation. An updated Privacy Notice will be available on our website and all other sources where we collect Your information that is governed by this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to PrivacyAnt Ltd’s practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of the information we collect from and about You in connection with PrivacyAnt.com -website, PrivacyAnt Forum (available at forum.privacyant.com) and the PrivacyAnt software -tool. (”the Services”)
We are PrivacyAnt Ltd, a company established in Finland with a registered address in Franzéninkatu 21 A, 00500 Helsinki, Finland
You are always entitled to object to such processing by telling us.
When You use the Services, we automatically gather server log file information, such as Your IP address, timestamps and other information from Your device.
1) Enabling the Service. We process this information to enable Your access to the Service and to provide communication in connection with the Service.
2) Analyzing, reporting and improving the Service. We also process the information to analyze the characteristics of You and Your usage of the Service to improve the Service. For example, different web browsers display websites differently. Therefore we process information on Your browser, such as browser version and resolution to ensure our website is displayed correctly.
3) Diagnosing server problems. We process the information to determine whether our website is working correctly. For example, if your browser tries to access our website, but such access is not succesful, we can investigate what may have cause the error to try to fix it.
We collect Your information when you contact us directly using either email address or the contact form provided on the website. This includes information such as, Your email address, Your first name and lastname, Your organisation/employer, Your phone number and the date and time of such contact.
1) To respond your inquiries. Naturally, we process this information in order to respond your inquiries.
2) Customer relationship management. Like most of the businesses, we also use and maintain information in our CRM system. When you contact us, we add to our CRM Your contact details and specifics about Your inquiry.
In order for us to provide the Forum service to You, we need to process Your information, such as Your name, email address, company, job title, your username and avatar.
1) To verify Your right to use the Forum. Our Forum is limited to our customers and their employees at the moment. We need to verify your access rights to the Forum based on the information we ask You to provide.
2) To enable the Forum -service. Certain information must be processed in order for us to enable the Forum to work. This includes information such as Your username and password and Your posts.
The PrivacyAnt -software is not available for the public. We process certain type of information to provide you with an access to our software and to prevent fake users. When you use the Software under a paid license as a corporate customer, a separate Data Processing Agreement will govern the processing of Your and Your employees’ information.
1) To verify Your identity. Our software is available for potential customers only. Therefore we ask You to provide certain information about Your contact details and Your employer in order for us to verify your identity.
2) Providing the Software. We need to process Your login credentials in order to set up an account for Your free trial period.
The security of Your information is a top priority for us, therefore we do our best to keep all Your information secure. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Your information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to.
We have put a great effort to limit the number of our service providers to what is strictly necessary for providing the Services to You and to keep Your information under our full control. We have to use a limited number of service providers that we share Your information with in connection with the Services. We have made contractual arrangements with these companies to ensure they will process Your information only on our behalf. The following 3rd parties are used in connection with processing of Your information:
|UpCloud Oy||We use UpCloud as an infrastructure provider. We use their servers to store all our information.||Finland, Germany and Netherlands|
Otherwise PrivacyAnt does not rent, sell or otherwise disclose Your personal information to any third parties except on the following limited circumstances:
1) If PrivacyAnt becomes involved in a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of all or some of its assets, we may share and/or transfer Your personal information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions;
2) As required by law, we may have to disclose Your information when responding to lawful requests made by public authorities or law enforcement agencies;
3) When the disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety of PrivacyAnt, it’s partners, other customers or You; and
4) Any other case when we have Your consent to do so.
PrivacyAnt mainly relies on the following legal bases to process Your information:
1) Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which You are a party or when processing is necessary in order to take steps necessary prior to entering into a contract with You;
2) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which PrivacyAnt is subject to; and
3) Processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
As a general rule Your information is retained only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information is being processed. The information we store when You use the Services will be retained for 24 months, unless we have a valid legal reason to retain such information for longer periods, for example if we need to investigate any fraudulent behaviour.
The information we store when You contact us will be retained for 24 months after Your last contact, unless we enter into a business relationship where we need to retain Your information for longer periods and such processing is governed by another privacy notice.
The information we store when You use the Forum or PrivacyAnt -software free trial is retained for 24 months after You stop using the services.
We may store Your information for longer periods if it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or if we need such information to verify a business transaction or to defend or to prepare for a legal claim.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, You have certain rights relating to the processing of Your information and below we have summarized those rights:
Right to access Your information.
You have the right to request at any time, a confirmation whether we are processing Your information or not. In case we are processing Your information, You have the right to access and receive a copy of such information.
Right to correct Your information.
If You believe that the information we store on You is incorrect or out-of-date, You may contact us and request to correct such information. Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request us to delete your information and we will do so, except if we have have a legal obligation to store it or when we have legitimate reasons to retain it. For example, we need certain information to verify a business transaction or to defend or to prepare for a legal claim.
Right to restrict processing.
You have the right to ask us to suspend processing Your information, for example if You need such information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and You don’t want us to delete such information in accordance with our retention times.
Right to transfer Your information.
You have the right to get Your information in a commonly used, machine-readable format so You can transfer Your information to another company. Right to object processing. You have the right to object processing of Your information and we will cease all processing except when we believe we have legitimate reasons to continue processing. At any time, You may object any processing that we do for direct marketing purposes.