This Privacy Notice was last updated on 25th March 2020.
This Privacy Notice applies to our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of the
personal data we collect from and about you. We may update this Privacy Notice due to changes
in our processing operations or in applicable legislation. An updated privacy notice will be
available here on our website and all other contact points where we obtain personal data directly
from you. If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice, please
contact us at heikki.tolvanenprivacyant.com
Who are we?
We are PrivacyAnt Ltd, a company established in Finland with a registered address in
Franzeninkatu 21 A, 00500 Helsinki. In privacy matters, you can contact our Chief Legal Engineer
Heikki Tolvanen at heikki.tolvanenprivacyant.com
How and where we obtain your personal data?
When you interact with us, we are collecting your personal data. Depending on the interaction,
you might provide personal data to us by your self or we can collect it automatically. We have
listed below the most common situations where we obtain your personal data from
- When you visit our website, we automatically gather sever log file information that contains
certain personal data of yours, such as your IP-address and time of visit.
- When you contact us or we contact you, we collect your personal data such as the time and
the details of the communication between us.
- When you send us feedback or request support for PrivacyAnt Software, we obtain your
personal data such as your contact details and the details of your inquiry.
- When you request a demo of PrivacyAnt Software, we obtain your personal data such your
contact details and information about your company.
- Publicly available sources. When searching for new leads and potential customers, we might
search your contact information from your company’s website, social media or other publicly
- When you enter into an agreement with us, we will obtain certain information such as your
name, title and the company you work for.
Why do we process your personal data?
- To provide our services and keep PrivacyAnt running. For example, in order for you access
our website or other services, we need to process your IP-address. We process certain log
information in order to analyse, report and improve our services and to diagnose potential
issues with our servers. In addition, we need your login credentials for ensure your access to
Legal basis: Legitimate interests
- To respond your inquiries and to provide customer support. Naturally we need to process
your personal data in order to respond to your inquiries or to provide customer support related
to our services.Legal basis: legitimate interest and contract
Legal basis for this data usage: legitimate interests
- Newsletter. In order to provide you with our Newsletter, we need need your email address.
Legal basis for this data usage: consent
Sales activities. As part of our sales activities you might receive a cold email, phone call or
other message from our sales personnel. Naturally we need to process your contact and communication
details to communicate with you.
Legal basis for this data usage: legitimate interest
How long do we keep your personal data?
As a general rule, your personal data is retained only for as long as is necessary for the purposes
for which the data is being processed.
- Log file information is stored for 24months unless we have a valid legal reason to retain such
information for longer periods, for example if we need to investigate any fraudulent behaviour.
- Contact details are stored within our CRM for as long as we have a business relationship with
you or your employer. If you are a sales lead and we do not enter into an agreement with you,
your contact details will be removed within 24 months upon collection.
- Customer support data and inquiries are stored for 24 months unless there is a valid legal
reason to storing such data for longer periods, e.g. we might need such information to verify a
business transaction afterwards.
- Data about business transactions, such as agreed contact details, emails or other sales
communications are stored for as long as we have a business relationship with you + 10
- Newsletter subscriptions are stored until your consent to receive such communication is
Please note that we might anonymize certain personal data in a shorter periods of time than listed
above, if we don’t any reason to retain it in a form that enables us or any 3rd party to identify
Do we disclose your personal data to third parties?
We have put a great effort to limit the number of our service providers to what is strictly necessary
for providing our services to you and to keep your information under our full control. As we can’t
do anything by ourselves, we have to use a limited number of 3rd parties that we share your
information with in connection with the services. We have made contractual arrangements with
these companies to ensure they will process your personal data only on our behalf and never for
their own purposes. At the moment, the following third parties are used in the processing of your
|Name of the 3rd party
||Reason for using the 3rd party
||Location of the 3rd party
||We use UpCloud as an
infrastructure provider. We use
their data centres and servers to
host our IT-systems and store
your personal data
||Headquarters in Finland, data
center locations in Finland and Germany.
In addition, your personal data will be shared with 3rd parties in the following situations:
- If PrivacyAnt becomes involved in a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of all or some of
our assets, we may share and/or transfer your personal data in connection with the evaluation
of and entry into such transactions.
- When required by law. In some scenarios, we may have to disclose your personal data when
responding to lawful requests made by public authorities or law enforcement agencies
- When disclosing your personal data is necessary to protect the rights or safety of PrivacyAnt,
our partners, our customers or you.
- In any other case where we have obtained your consent
Do we transfer your personal data outside European Economic Area?
We do your utmost best to avoid any situation where your personal data would be transferred to a
country not providing adequate level of data protection. At the moment all your personal data is
kept and processed within the European Economic Area.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights relating to the processing
of your personal data and below we have summarised those rights. Please be aware that some of
these rights are not absolute and there are certain limitations when they apply. For any questions
or information about this Privacy Notice or your rights as a data subject, please contact us at
- Right to access your personal data. You have the right to request at any time, a
confirmation whether we are processing your personal data or not. In case we are processing
your data, you have the right to access and receive a copy of such information.
- Right to correct your personal data. If you believe that the information we store on you is
incorrect our out-of-date, you may contact us and request to correct such information.
- Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request us to delete your personal data and we
will do so, except we have a legal obligation to store it or when we have a legitimate reason to
retain it. For example, we need certain information to verify a business transaction or to
defend or to prepare against a legal claim.
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to suspend processing of your
personal data, for example if you need such information for the establishment, exercise or
defence of legal claims and you don’t want us to delete such information in accordance with
our retention times.
- Right to transfer your personal data. You have the right to get your personal data in a
commonly used, machine-readable format so you can transfer such data to another company.
- Right to object processing. You have the right to object processing of you personal data and
we will cease the processing except when we believe we have legitimate reason to continue
processing. At any time, you may object any processing that we conduct for direct marketing